Limassol, surrounded by the beautiful blue of the Mediterranean Sea, is the second largest town of Cyprus and the most important tourist and commercial center on the island. Limassol is a metropolis for business, shopping, cosmopolitan restaurants, the best nightlife on the island and luxury 5-star hotels.
Limassol’s sandy beaches which stretch miles away, its vibrant life with numerous events and street celebrations, like the Limassol Annual Carnival Parades and Wine Festival will satisfy every fun seeking individual. The passion of tradition, history and art lovers will also be extremely satisfied in Limassol as well. The ancient Kourion, Sanctuary of Aphrodite and Kolossi Castle are all within easy reach, as is the spectacular Troodos mountain range.
As Limassol’s develops further, so it does its appeal. The number of regional and international conferences held on the island every year has prompted the government to start planning a purpose-built, full-scale conference center in Limassol with a capacity of 3000 delegates.
Together with some of the most astonishing design skyscraper developments currently going on, Limassol’s fame continuously attracts more investors, setting it as the perfect place to live among the hospitality of its people. It offers a world of opportunity, with the benefit of being conveniently located midway between Pafos and Larnaca airports.
Interesting Events throughout the year in Limassol:
- Wine Festival – Limassol Zoo (August/September)
- Limassol Carnival – Around Limassol (March)
- Cyprus Rally – Around Cyprus (May)
- Lemesia Sports Event – Various Locations in Limassol (October)
- Russian-Cypriot Festival – Molos Area (June)
- Beer Festival – Molos Area (June)
- European Dance Festival – Rialto Theatre (May)
- Amathusia Fstival – Ayios Tychonas (May)
- Ballet Festival – Various theatres in Limassol (tbc)
- Shakespeare Nights – Kourion Theatre (June)
- Berengaria Theatre – Kourion Theatre (March)
- Annual Contemporary Dance Platform – Rialto Theatre (March)
Interesting Places to Visit in Limassol:
- Limassol Zoo
- Limassol Medieval Castle
- Kolossi Castle
- Kourion Archielogical Place (Amathusia)
- Limassol Marina
- Molos Promenade and Beach
- Ayiou Andreou street (old traditional part of Limassol)
- Makarios Avenue for shopping
- My Mall Limassol (Zakaki Area)
- Limassol Municipal Art Gallery
- Limassol Municipal Library
- Fassouri Watermania Waterpark
- Grand Mosque
- Archeological Museum of Limassol